Sunday, 19 January 2020

The Old Sarawak Museum


The Sarawak museum was built in 1889 and opened on 4 August 1891

 The museum extended a new wing in 1911. However, the brick work steps outside the old wing was demolished in 1912. The building was built to permanently house and display local indigenous arts and crafts, and collections of local animals.

Related Posts:

  • Old Fire fighter Station in Kuching Balai Bomba Kuching / Kuching Fire Station ( Circa 1938) At the end of 19th century,Kuching has already hav etheir own firefighter team,Governmen… Read More
  • Jalan Satok in 1960's Jalan Satok ( Circa 1960's) The big building by the roadside is Swee Hua Cinema (now demolished and the land is vacant) From far we can see Satok… Read More
  • Kuching Waterfront Construction Waterfront Kuching during the construction time. Circa 1991 with background view of Kuching Hilton,Riverside Majestic and bangunan Ang Cheng Ho … Read More
  • View from fort Margherita View from Fort Margherita,part of Main Bazzar,a busy Sarawak River,Chinese Museum,Tua pek Kong,Pengkalan Che'Omar and Fata Hotel as far we can se… Read More
  • St Joseph Old Church in 1881,four Pastor from England has set up a Catholic Church at Rock Road ( now Jalan Tun Abang Haji Openg ) and later they setup a school known… Read More

0 comments: