STC logo is symbol from Sarawak Transport Company in 1960's,This bus also known as Sarawak Transport Trojan.Now most of this bus is half green and half whitein colour,the bus station at Kuching Centr...
A group of kedayan girls sell their rubber to a chinese trader in Merapok ,lawas area on the Sabah boarder,With the proceeds they will buy their everyday requirements such as kerosene,salt,cigarettes and matches.The traders weighs the rubber with chinese scale or dacing.Photo by Hedda Morrison,Circa...
Sarawak Chief Minister Datuk Stephen Kalong Ningkan standing beside Britain's Deputy Secretary of State for Defense,The Rt.Hon.Frederick Mulley during his visit to Sarawak on 19...
An essential item in the party is an immense feast of rice and stewed beef.One Kelabit divides up the food and hands is out to the girls for distribution.A woman passes a pannikin of rice beer and one guest has jammed a bone in his mollars.And when the meal is over the serious drinking...
Toh Puan Hajah Masniah (wife of Tun Abang Haji Openg and Mother of current Sarawak Premier Abang Johari) delivered her address soon afterwards declared the Orchid show Open.She opening the first Sarawak Branch of the Malaysian Orchid Society Exhibition,Circa 19...
Bamboo is an extremely useful and easily worked material.It is really giant grass,very heavy when green but light and strong when dried.The Land Dayak make good use of bamboo to make walks across dump places but such in a place the lenghts of bamboo will only have a life about a year or...
Kuching earliest river wall nearby to Pasar Cekor and Jetty.We can see perahu tambang nearby the jetty most of them waiting customer to across the river,Circa 1...
The Round Tower across Kuching Post Office building becoming Kuching Rural District Council (KRDC) office from1956 to1961 before this office transfer to Satok area.On 1st August 1996, KRDC was elevated to Padawan Municipal Counc...
View of Fort Magherita and part of Kampung Boyan from Thompson Road,now the house at Kampung Boyan had demolished and Thompson Road name has changed into Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman,Photo Circa 1950...
View at Marudi Jetty ,express boat from Kuala Baram and to Long Lama and upper river,Once this express boat is the only route used by most people came from Miri town,now the main road is available and can be used by public make this express boat become less us...
View of old Miri Mosque and school which located across Mega Hotel.During on early time in Miri,all this surrounding Mosque area was a Malay Kampung,all of them has transfered and moved for new development area.&nb...
Kuching electricity station @ Kuching Power station at Jalan Power across the Old Fire Station.The power station build in 1920's replacing the old Government Sawmill.Years later,this power station demolished and new building erected here,name Electra House in 1965.The electra word came from term...
The kelabits are closely to the Muruts and live in the neighbouring headwaters of Baram.The journey from the Ulu Trusan to the Ulu Baram is quite a short distance in a straight line but involves crossing some very rough and broken mountain country.The kelabit are less sophisticated than the Murut...
Jalan Crookshank located in between Jalan Tun Abang Haji Openg and Jalan Tan Sri Ong kee Hui.This Crookshank road name was from Arthur Chichester Crookshank,cousin of the first Rajah,Sir James Brooke and served as government Officer under him and the second Rajah from 1843 to 1873.From 1862 until...