The bunker building at Gambier Road in early 50's with the old Information Dept building just beside it.
Bunker building was once used as a bunker storage of antimony ore before being exported. The wharf behind this building facilitate the export trade as small boat would ply the ore down the river to a bigger vessel for export. Although originally a 2-storey warehouse built circa 1929, through the years it had undergone many renovation.
This building was demolished circa 2009/2010 for building Kuching waterfront Extention