The bunker building at Gambier Road in early 50's with the old Information Dept building just beside it.

Bunker building was once used as a bunker storage of antimony ore before being exported. The wharf behind this building facilitate the export trade as small boat would ply the ore down the river to a bigger vessel for export. Although originally a 2-storey warehouse built circa 1929, through the years it had undergone many renovation.

This building was demolished circa 2009/2010 for building Kuching waterfront Extention

An aerial view of Old Kuching Mosque ,former State Mosque and now become District Mosque.This is the second building of the Mosque before replacing the current Mosque building.This Mosque structure is so strong and only managed demolished by bomb by British Army to destroy the pillar. The demolished of this Mosque is for build a bigger Mosque here.

For Kuchingites,you all should remember and know where is this place. Demolished and now stand new Plaza merdeka.

Kayan Arts

Originally posted by thrasher115 | 15:29:00 | , , , , | 0 comments »








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...